Taliban Bomb Blast in Quetta, the south western city of Baluchistan province, Pakistan. Nov 30
Newsnomics AJAY ANGELINA reporter | Taliban Bomb blast at Quetta, the southwestern city of Pakistan has
killed 3 and injured at least 24 on Wednesday Nov 30. The incident occurred when the police was taking
security measures to protect polio vaccination campaign workers in Baluchistan province. One police officer
and two civilians are dead, whether 20 policemen out of 24 are seriously injured.
“The police vehicle that was carrying security personnel deployed to protect polio vaccination campaign workers in the Baluchistan province was targeted by the bomb attack caused the damage of two other vehicles.”
said Quetta Police’s Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Ghulam Azfar Mahesar to the reporters.
Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif condemned the explosion, expressing his grief over the death of civilians and
police official.
Federal Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah issued a statement, denouncing the attack and asking for a detailed
investigation into the incident.
Balochistan Chief Minister Abdul Quddus Bizenjo pledged to counter the “cowardly act”. “All those involved in this incident and their facilitators will be brought under the law,” he said.
The TTP (Tahreek-e-Taliban, Pakistan) later issued a statement taking responsibility for the attack.
“This attack was carried out after the announcement to end ceasefire and was planned to take revenge for
the death of Omar Khalid Khorasani (Taliban leader died in August). Our attacks will continue,” Taliban said.
Earlier this month, the Taliban group had targeted another police vehicle in Lakki Marwat city in northwestern province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan that have killed six police personnel.